How to Find and Review Financial Disclosure Documents Online
- Entrepreneur culture in America glorifies tech startup founders, but the reality is that 90%+ of startups fail.
- But, multi-unit franchise ownership can be a life-changing path in Entrepreneurship. So I decided I wanted to be a resource for current and potential franchise owners and do everything I could to show them the path to success.
Why did I create this guide?
50% of franchise owners in America today either own multiple locations or multiple brands. I want to highlight the franchise brands that are showing true potential and highlight the entrepreneurs that are building incredible, successful Franchise Empires. But I ran into a few problems.
Financial transparency is lacking in the franchise industry.
- With over 4,000 brands out there, it's difficult for a newcomer to navigate the ecosystem of franchises on their own. There's not as much transparency as you'd expect for a six-figure investment.
- Many franchises don't share any information on how much money you can earn as a franchise owner. But if your business is worth buying, why not share information on it?
Investing in a franchise starts with the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which exists to protect consumers from being taken advantage of when purchasing a franchise.
So if you’re looking to own a franchise, they are an essential starting point.
- The problem is that many don't have FDD access until after they've contacted a franchisor and are involved in a high-pressure sales process.
- FDDs are also lengthy, complex, and expensive.
This is why I created this step-by-step guide for potential franchisees on how to find and review FDDs online without breaking the bank.
- How to find backdoor access to FDDs without contacting anyone
- A deep understanding of the most important components of the FDD
- How to apply the information in the FDD to your franchise ownership decision-making process
- The FDD Evaluator Tool for potential franchisees to conduct research on which franchise is the best fit for you.
You'll benefit from this if:
- You're currently looking to buy a franchise
- You've never bought a franchise before, and you're not sure where to start
- You're cautious about your investments and want to make a sound financial decision
- You want to avoid costly mistakes and high-pressure sales tactics
- You want to make the most of your franchise investment
What are people saying?
"Incredible take as always. I’ve said it before- anyone who has any interest in franchises needs to buy! Do it now!"
"I’ve been in franchising for 15 years and I believe you’re on to something regarding your approach."
Do you have any other questions?
Feel free to reach out to me on Twitter or join my newsletter to learn about the hottest emerging brands, how to build your empire, and connect with 26.4K+ other franchise operators--twice a week.
A comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand guide (+ Evaluator Tool) to help you understand Financial Disclosure Documents before you purchase a franchise